Post Views (1662)
We all know that India is a gem of a country. Food, clothes, education, culture, history, beautiful places, languages, in short we have EVERYTHING. Not to mention awesome Indians – we wear our patriotism on our sleeves and leave an indelible mark no matter which part of the world we live in.
This Republic Day we recount some mannerisms that make us 100% Indian coz you know you’re an Indian when:
1. You try and reuse gift wrappers, gift boxes, and of course aluminium foil.
2. You’ve lived with nicknames that have no connection with your real name!
So you could be Sanjeev Sharma at work, but at home, you are Gunnu/Golu/Nikki/ Cheeku/Chikki/Goldie/Pinku/Guddu/Titu. The danger of your parents calling you by this nickname in front of your friends and colleagues is a very real one!
3. When you order soup at your favourite Chinese outlet, it’s always…
4. You love to eat with your hands, cutlery be damned!
5. No matter how many ‘Western’ clothes you have, you always have a soft spot for desi ethnic wear
6. You can easily communicate in at least two languages.
7. You don’t think twice before piling on to a scooter/bike/Scooty
9. You have mastered the art of bargaining while shopping
Proud to be the experts of bargain hunting and discount shopping, Indians love a good deal. If we don’t haggle, bargain, use a coupon, or get it on sale, there’s really no fun in shopping!
Pssssst: Looking for deals that are a steal? Check out mydala.com
10. You get goose-bumps while watching movies like Border, Swades, Rang de Basanti or Lakshya
If you agreed with most of these points, you are a true-blue Bhartiya. Salute!
Bharat humko jaan se pyara hai
What makes you Indian? Share your comments with us. Jai Hind!