Post Views (2223)
Whether it’s a simple wedding or an extravagant one, it’s every girl’s dream to be the perfect bride . From choosing the perfect attire for the BIG day to deciding what to wear for the mehendi or sangeet, there’s much that a girl needs to decide prior to her wedding. And with the passage of time, the world of Indian bridal fashion has also reached stellar levels, with every season ushering in a host of wedding trends for the bride to be. Getting your trousseau ready can be an exhausting task, and we totally understand! So here are some trendy options to help you get the perfect look on your special day .
Colour: Vibrant, Rich and Symbolic…Indian weddings are a riot of colours. This season it’s all about combining deep tones and dark shades with pastel shades.
1. Flamboyant in Crimson … Elegant and ethereal, red is an integral part of Indian weddings. If traditional is how you would like it to be, then crimson makes for a wonderful choice as it exudes a feeling of plush elegance, finesse and opulence. Combine it with shades like gold and pink to get the ultimate royal look.
2. Sensuous in Marsala … The colour of the year and one of the top wedding trends for the bride, Marsala (Deep red, Wine, Burgundy) is all about making a dramatic and elegant statement. Currently the rage of the season, this sophisticated hue works for all skin tones and can be combined with shades like soft pink, gold and amber.
3. Elegant in White and Gold… For a subtle and elegant look but one that’s loaded with old world charm, opt for pastel shades like white, ivory, beige and salmon pink with a touch of golden detailing.
4. Vibrant in Green … Mint was the colour of last season but it continues trending this season as well. But this time, it has returned in a more dramatic avatar with emerald green being the new look for the season. A combination of both shades – mint and emerald, along with a subtle touch of silver makes for an edgy, modern wedding trend that you can try.
Print: Innovative, elegant and extravagant…prints accentuate the look of any attire, and are a quintessential feature of Indian bridal wear.
1. Dreamy with Floral … Romantic and dreamy, floral print is a top wedding trend for the season. Adding a touch of delicacy and finesse, floral prints in a pastel background make for a great choice for your trousseau.
2. Dazzling with Embellishments … The biggest wedding trend setters in India, the Bridal Couture weeks this season set the trend for embellished works with a focus on heavy sequins and intricate detailing. Try attires with intricate zardozi work, sequins and beads for a dramatically gorgeous look.
3. Dramatic with Embroidery … A vintage classic, embroidery gives your outfits an elegant touch and makes for an absolutely stunning addition to your wedding trousseau list.
Fabric: From traditional ethnic to chic contemporary, there is a huge range of fabrics that you can opt for making your wedding attires. This bridal season the emphasis is on rich velvets, chanderi, silk, georgette and zardozi, adorned with delicate embroidery, appliqué work, and floral and block prints.
Gone are the boring old days when options for bridal wear were limited to a handful of choices. The modern Indian bride has many options to explore when it comes to deciding her trousseau, especially the wedding dress. With Indian Bridal designers showcasing some of the coolest wedding trends for the year, there is a lot that you can experiment with – from colours to prints to fabrics, and create your own personalized look for this special occasion in your life .
Hope this helps all you would-be brides in deciding the ultimate look for your wedding! Leave a comment on our Facebook page and share your views!
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016