Post Views (1360)
Celebrations in India are incomplete without sweets and like every other festival, Holi calls for its own share of munchies! A time of indulgence for the young and old alike, you may shy away from colours but you simply can’t refuse a bite of the scrumptious Holi sweets and snacks!
Simply amazing, these traditional Holi sweets are bound to make your taste-buds go crazy. So forget the calorie count for a day & indulge in the goodness of life!
1. Gujiya – Made of suji (semolina) or wheat flour and stuffed with khoya & dry fruits mixture, this popular sweet dumpling is one of the best Holi sweets.
2. Dodha Barfi – An Indian version of fudge, this traditional Punjabi mithai is another popular Holi special food and needless to say, it’s Yummy!
3. Gulab Jamun – Soft, spongy and melt in the mouth gulab jamuns drenched in a fragrant rose syrup is the perfect dessert for enjoying the festive mood.
4. Shakkarpara – Sweet and crispy, this is a popular festival special snack that is heartily enjoyed during Holi as well.
5. Thandai – The official Holi beverage, this delightfully refreshing cold drink is made from a concoction of milk, sugar, dry fruits, saffron, melon seeds, rose water and other condiments.
6. Kaju ki Barfi – One of the most sought after sweets in the country, a festival somehow seems incomplete without a bite or two of it!
7. Malpua – A syrupy pancake often served with rabri, this popular dessert is loved across India and is a special Holi preparation in many households.
8. Balushahi – A classic Indian dessert resembling a glazed doughnut, Balushahi or Badusha is soft on the inside & crispy on the outside, and is a must-try for anyone with a sweet tooth!
May your life be filled with colours & flavours and may the celebrations continue! Happy Holi everyone!
P.S – Mumbai folks, you’re in luck cuz we’ve got tons of free deals for sweets lined up for you! It’s a limited offer so HURRY UP!
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016