Post Views (6012)
The Indian summer’s fast approaching and with temperature & humidity levels soaring sky high, hair management can be a major challenge. While trendy short hairdos & cropped cuts are highly favoured by many, those of us with long hair often have a strenuous time deciding what to do with our lovely locks! But there are several inspiring summer hairstyles for the Indian Rapunzel that are simply perfect for the upcoming days. Take a look!
1. Looped Pony – An elegant re-take on the timeless pony tail, this easy-to-style hairdo is a great choice for both busy workdays & relaxing night outs … Tie your hair in a low ponytail, spray a generous amount of hairspray, then loop your hair through the band & tuck the remaining part around it.
2. Braided Side Bun – Hairstyles in summer need not be always be an elaborate affair! For an effortlessly simple yet chic look braid your hair from the side and twist it up in a simple bun. Business or fun, this hairdo will make you smoothly sail through all of summer.
3. Double French Braid Side Pony – Do the French thing albeit with a lil twist…and give yourself a fresh new look this summer. Braid your hair into 2 separate French braids, gather them on to one side and tie it up into a pony. If you wish decorate it with some pretty accessories for an added touch of finesse.
4. Braid it with a Scarf – Scarves can be used to create several easy hair styles for the summer season. This retro look works wonders for all age-groups and can be done in just a few minutes.
5. Wrap it Round a Bun – Tie a top knot and wrap a scarf round it for an easy-breezy look. For a bold yet distinct touch knot it up in a bow or wrap it in the regular style, either way, it’s a great summer look for the young at heart.
6. Faux Bob – Keep it simple, keep it classy yet do it with a twist! Yup, that’s what this hairdo is all about … Get the look by tying your hair in 2 separate ponytails, secure them tightly with two bands and then loop each section of hair under the elastic band. Secure the ends + any loose hair with bobby pins (you’ll need quite a few of these!) and apply some finishing spray to lend it a glossy look!
7. Rope Braid – Summer hairstyles seem incomplete without the braid & this season you can try newer versions of it. The rope braid looks pretty and is a definite savior when you’re on a time crunch! Tie it sideways or accessorize it to add your own special touch.
8. The Loop Bouffant – Keep the sweaty strands at bay and look effortlessly chic all day long with this simple DIY hairstyle. Tie a high ponytail, secure it with clips, then flip it over and tuck it inside the band. Pull it from the middle lightly to give it the “bouffant” effect and Voila!
Have fun playing with your hair this summer – from messy faux bobs to accessorized braids to chic buns! Keep it casual or give it a fab touch, either way, take a break from the regular and try something fun!
Know of more easy hair styles for the summer season? We’d love to know too! Write to us and keep us in the loop!
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016