Post Views (2851)
Friends and movies…life somehow seems to be incomplete without either! Both have a special way of touching our lives; from shedding tears of joy and sorrow to laughing our guts out, there have been many friends and also many movies over the years that have constantly been by our side.
Friendship is a recurring theme in Bollywood movies and many of them like true friendship have withstood the test of time. Celebrating the spirit of friendship in all its glory, these movies have never failed to bring a smile (or a tear!) on our faces each time we have watched them. So this friendship day we take a look at 10 classic Bollywood movies on friendship.
1. Dil Chahta Hai: Growing up together, experiencing the trials and tribulations of life, drifting apart and yet returning back – that’s how old buddies are! A beautiful celebration of life, love and friendship…
2. Yaarana: One never forgets a friend, no matter what happens. Always pure, true friendship remains untouched by power, fame and money!
3. Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na: Best friends who turn to lovers….cuuuute! College, life, love and those loyal friends whose happiness depends on yours…We all have experienced this as some point in our lives!
4. Anand: Back in those days, everything had a charm to it . A heart rending story that teaches us a lot and never fails to make us smile despite the darker themes it deals with. The purity and beauty of friendship overrides everything, even death…
5. Queen: The beauty of life is such that if it takes away something it also gives something in return! When you got a friend, you can overcome just about everything…A testimony to the fact that life can bring you a friend at any time, in any place and in any one!
6. Rockford: The song stayed on with us and most of us feel that without humming this song (at least once!) a meet up with the old buddies is incomplete! Childhood is unadulterated…and so is friendship.
7. 3 Idiots: Those awkward first few months in college and then meeting the ultimate friends who stand by you through eveeeeeerything…fun, laughter, tears we share it all And who never lets you go away….Jaane Nahin denge Tujhe….!!!
8. Haathi Mere Saathi: Animals can be better friends than humans is what this one has taught us. One of the earliest takes on human-animal bonding, this one is a beautiful and touching story. You’re missing out on some seriously good stuff if you haven’t yet seen it!
9. Andaz Apna Apna: We all got our SWAG but that doesn’t mean we can’t be friends! From their nok-jhok to their “aaila’s” and “ooi maa’s” the two boys have shown the nation a lot about cheekiness and also a lot about friendship . Still can’t stop laughing when I watch it!
10. Ek Main aur Ekk Tu: Friends turn to lovers but lovers rarely turn to friends! But here we have a different take on this concept and it’s indeed a breather…We all fall in love and get a lil foolish but dosti toh dosti hai naa
Truly, there is no bond like friendship and watching these movies only re-affirms that! Wishing you all a very Happy Friendship Day folks…Smile and Celebrate!
There are loads of other fantabulous movies on friendship that must be included on your bucket list for sure! In the meanwhile, hope you liked reading this!
Do write to us and let us know which one is your favourite!
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016