Post Views (1261)
Sometimes advertising works because it states the truth. On this ‘World No Tobacco Day’, we bring you a few ads from the across the globe that will set you thinking. Your reasons for smoking could be many, but the reason to quit is just one – YOU!
“Advertising justifies its existence when used in the public interest—it is much too powerful a tool to use solely for commercial purposes.”
- Attributed to Howard Gossage (advertising innovator and iconoclast during the “Mad Men” era) by David Ogilvy (“The Father of Advertising”)
Sticking to this belief, anti-smoking advertisements and campaigns across the globe have started adopting a more creative approach towards raising awareness.
We can’t tell you to quit, but maybe these quit-smoking advertisements can help you rethink! Hardhitting with their message yet not gruesome in their content,here’s a look at some brilliant quit smoking ads from around the world….
1. “…burial from the dead man’s point of view.”
Advertising Agency: Everest Brand Solutions, India
2. “Smoking Causes premature Ageing”
Advertising Agency: Euro RSCG Australia
3. “It’s called suicide because it’s your choice.”
Advertising Agency: Mercury 360, Bucharest, Romania
4. “Children of parents who smoke, get to heaven earlier.”
Advertising Agency: Serviceplan, Munchen/Hamburg, Germany
5. “Second hand smokers are on the worst side of the cigarette”
Advertising Agency: BDDP Unlimited, Paris, France
6. “Smokers make poor swimmers.”
Artwork developed for ASH depicting the effect of smoking on male fertility. Created by Clear Marketing Communications|Writer: Andy Fenton|Art Director: Jason Chadwick.
Advertising Agency: DraftFCB + IDB, Santiago, Chile|Creative Director:Rodrigo Gómez
8. “No Smoking Area”
Advertising Agency: TBWA\Athens, Greece|Creative Director: Vangelis Vrouvas
9. “Think it makes you look pretty.”
Advertising Agency: BBDO Moscow
10. “Imagine smoking 200 cigarettes in one go!”
Advertising Agency: GMASCO, Dubai, UAE
It’s not easy to quit, true…but its not impossible either! Give it a try this World No Tobacco Day…even if its just for 24 hours, its still going to take you a step closer to kicking the butt! Want to share your story? Let us know…
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016