Post Views (1566)
67 years old as a republic and the saga continues … Happy Republic Day folks! Let’s take a walk down memory lane and have a pictorial glimpse of India’s historical journey as a Republic …
1. First Republic Day Celebrations, 1950
64th Republic Day Celebrations, 2013
2. India’s first president Dr. Rajendra Prasad salutes the contingent of The President’s Bodyguard.
President Pranab Kumar Mukherjee does the salute on India’s 66th Republic Day.
3. President Sukarno (first president of Indonesia), the first chief guest to witness India’s Republic Day in 1950
US President Obama as chief guest for India’s 66th Republic Day
4. Indian Army in 1965
Indian Army in 2014
5. The first-ever photograph of Taj Mahal (taken somewhere between 1858 and 1862)
Taj Mahal in the 21st century … with its own official Twitter handle
6. A cinema hall in 1950…
Cinema Halls in 2016…
7. Official state car and also one of the most loved, the Ambassador was the oldest face of Indian automobiles…
BMW-760Li – The official car of the Prime Minister, and the face of modern India’s choice of automobiles.
8. Films, Awards and Bollywood in 1963…
Films, Awards and Bollywood in 2015…
While there’s much to be proud of as denizens of India, there’s also a lot that needs to be urgently addressed and changed for the greater welfare and growth of everyone. Every year we emphasize on this but real evolution and empowerment can occur only when there’s a shift in our thoughts, values and actions …. So this Republic Day, let’s celebrate the spirit of patriotism with a renewed fervour and dedication. Jai Hind!
So what do you have to say about India’s journey as a Republic? We’d like to hear your views!
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016