Post Views (3065)
When it comes to food, people have had always loved to experiment. Specially when a foreign dish lands up in your country and becomes a rage over the years, it’s bound to undergo a local metamorphosis!
Step aside ‘Margherita’ and ‘Veg Extravaganza’…for here are some crazy pizzas from India that’ll leave you seriously wondering. From “yummy” to mmm…”hold on a second” these crazy pizza recipes from India will leave you not just drooling but also with the desire to take your taste buds on an experimental spin!
1. Samosa Pizza: Your favourite snack just got an Italian twist! With all the classic ingredients that go into a samosa, the samosa pizza is an exotic treat for food lovers. With spicy potatoes, red onions, lots of cheese, yogurt sauce and the super delicious cilantro-mint chutney to top it with, this one is a feast for veggie lovers! You can get creative and add your own flavours and toppings!
2. Noodle Pizza: Eating noodles have been a joy…always! But a noodle pizza…mmm….interesting…very interesting! Loved by people of all ages, noodles are an instant delight for just about any occasion, but to have it as a pizza topping is simply crazy and out of the box! Earlier our beloved Maggi had been the king of noodles and ‘Maggi pizza’ had become a rage, but ever since its disappearance, innovative foodies have simply replaced it with other noodles!
3. Chocolate Pizza: An absolute delight for chocolate lovers, this one is an outrageous twist to the good ol’ pizza. A gourmet specialty with a wide variety of toppings that include exotic dry fruits, chocolate chips and other chocolaty delights, the chocolate pizza is fast becoming a pizza trend in our country. Many have tried cooking up some culinary magic in their own kitchen…so if you’re a brave one, then go on and give it a shot! P.S – Don’t forget to add a dollop of nutella!!!
4. Uttapam Pizza: A true celebration of food, flavours and culture, this one is a combination of uttapam and pizza toppings like pepper, salsa, jalapeno, cheese and any other topping that suits your fancy. There is no limit to the amount of creativity that can go into the preparation of an uttapam pizza! It’s seen by many as a healthy alternative to the regular dough based pizza.
5. Naan Pizza: One couldn’t have found a better way of eating a naan than this! Quick, simple and easy the naan pizza is a wonderful desi take on the much loved Italian delicacy. Choose your favourite topping and add it to a slice of naan, sprinkle lots and lots of mozzarella cheese and some oregano and voila your naan pizza is ready!
6. Spicy Banana Pizza: In a move to appease local taste buds in the southern parts of the country, Domino’s India introduced the ‘South Zesty Veggie pizza’ that has green bananas, chillies and bell peppers as toppings! Bananas are used in profusion in cooking in most homes down south, and so keeping with this tradition, this pizza was received by many with raised eyebrows (not very surprising!) but there have many takers as well.
Man has always had a thing for experimenting with food, and it’s not just us Indians who’re going places with it! A little fun with flavours is always welcome, and why won’t it be?? With such crazy pizza recipes around, anyone would be inspired to have some culinary fun!
So have you tried any of these crazy pizzas yet?? Write to us and share your experience!
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016