Post Views (2260)
The crispness in the air, the sound of crackers, the change of weather and the excitement of the festive season…November brings its own share of exhilaration and why not, after all it’s time once again, to celebrate the festival of lights! Diwali brings its own share of radiant exuberance yes, but there’s also much anticipation about what to wear . And with so many trends cropping up day in and day out, deciding what to wear for Diwali or how to style what you’re wearing can be a little bewildering.
But not to worry, for we’re with you on this! From traditional ethnic to experimental fusion, here are a few festive trends that you can try this Diwali and look your sparkling best whether you’re celebrating at home or out attending parties with your friends and loved ones.
For all you pretty ladies…
1. Lehenga – Choli: This classic attire is one of the top traditional dresses for Diwali and it never fails to work wonders! A full-sleeved choli is even better since the weather’s getting cold as well. Ignite the creative spark within and experiment with colours and print, and work out your own unique combination. Floral motif is in and it makes for a really pretty look.
2. Sari: The evergreen sari is always a good choice. Fabrics like cotton and chanderi with zari work or sequins make for a good choice this season. For the blouse you can try silk or brocade as they look superb. Floral boat neck blouses are in vogue so you can try that as well.
3. Salwar Suit: Comfortable and elegant, a salwar suit makes for a great Diwali wear option. And the best thing is that there are so many ways you can work it out…If you want to keep it simple then go for a casual suit and complement it with a nice vibrant dupatta, and if you’re looking for a statement look then try something extravagant like an Anarkali suit.
4. Trousers and Palazzo Pants: Comfy yet chic, trousers and palazzo pants when combined with a nice top or short kurta is a good choice if you’re looking for a fusion look. Try fabrics like linen in vibrant hues for a crisp festival look.
5. High Slit Kurta: Kurtas with a high front slit is in trend these days. They’re another great option for an ethnic fusion look. Wearing it with skinny jeans, nice fitted pants or trousers is a great way of carrying out this look. You can accessorize it with a chunky bracelet or statement earrings to add a festive touch to your look.
For all you dashing gentlemen…
1. Kurta and Churidar: A well fitted kurta – churidar is a great attire for just about any and every occasion, and when it’s Diwali…you can’t say No to this! Team it up with a waist coast and you’re ready for the party!
2. Jodhpuri Suit: If you’re seeking to make a statement this Diwali, well this one is the ideal choice for you then! The perfect attire for any festive occasion a Jodhpuri suit is one of the ideal options for dresses to wear this Diwali. Look your dashing best this Diwali with this elegant look!
3. Nehru Jacket: If you don’t want to look like a prince yet still want to make a few heads turn then a Nehru jacket is just perfect for you. Also known as the ‘bandh – gala’, the Nehru jacket looks great when worn with a kurta but you can go for a fusion look by wearing it with a nice shirt and pair of trousers or denims.
4. Dhoti Pants: Give a modern twist to the traditional look by opting for dhoti pants this Diwali. Wear it with a kurta for a full traditional look or team it up with a tee shirt and jacket for a fusion look. Comfortable and suave, it’ll help you make a definitive style statement for sure.
5. White Shirt and Denims: White shirt is a classic look that never goes wrong! Pair it up with blue denims and you’ve ready to make a few heads turn. It’s the perfect choice if you’re having a casual party with friends.
This Diwali, celebrate in style with these looks we’ve curated for you. Work on the ideas to create your own unique look, and make a grand statement this festive season.
Warm wishes to you and your loved ones for a happy and prosperous Diwali… . Have a gala time celebrating folks!
We’d love to know what you’re planning to wear this Diwali! So do write to us and share your thoughts…
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016