Post Views (1719)
Life often compels us to get along on a shoestring but when you’re young at heart and ready to explore life, the world is your playground . And if you’re living in a city like Delhi, you’ll be surprised by the diversity of experiences that you can enjoy while spending little or no money!
There’s no dearth of eccentric places and things to do in Delhi, so money or no money, here’s our Delhi travel guide for enjoying the best of the city…
1. Sufi Night @ Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya – For an authentic Sufi experience, visit the dargah of Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya on a Thursday evening. Get mesmerized by soulful qawaalis and soak in the essence of an enchanting spiritual experience.
Timings: Thursday, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, 9:00 PM – 10:30 PM.
2. Hit the Road on Raahgiri Day – Walk, run, jog, skate, cycle, dance, play football, do yoga, click photographs and simply enjoy the benefits of a car-free day in the city. Claim back your streets, claim back your freedom!
Timings: Sunday, 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM
3. Into the Wild @ J.N.U – Nocturnal food delight, beautiful sunset at the famed PSR (Parthasarathy Rocks), conversations over endless cups of chai or a stroll through the campus forests, hanging out J.N.U is one of the most fulfilling experiences you can have in the city when on a shoestring budget.
4. Urban Happiness on a Bicycle – Invigorating and healthful, cycling’s a great way to explore the city. If you’ve got your own bicycle, check out routes like Sanjay Van, the stretch from Rashtrapati Bhawan to India Gate or the Ridge Road in D.U North Campus … For those without a cycle, you can easily rent it from one of the many Delhi Metro stations!
5. Bazaar Walk @ Purani Dilli – Bustling with life, this is one of the best low budget places to visit in Delhi . Stroll through the many galis, eat some super yummy food, pay a visit to the famous spice market (Asia’s biggest), and the splendid Jama Masjid and drift back in time as you soak in the best of purani dilli.
6. Dance Away on a Ladies Night – There is nothing like having a drink or two with your favourite girlfriends and dancing away to glory! So ladies, put your favourite dress on and get ready for an evening of music, fun and cocktails at one of the many haunts in the city…
7. Dream Away @ Café Kunzum – Whether you’re working, catching up with friends or simply enjoying a quiet moment by yourself, Kunzum with its cosy ambience is a great spot (not to mention the free wi-fi access and the free coffee/tea they serve as a welcome drink). Feel free to contribute and pay as much as you like for all the goodness served out!
8. Feel the Rush with Artificial Rock Climbing – For those with an adventurous streak, this is a great way to have fun on a frugal budget. The Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) offers beginner level sessions of artificial rock wall climbing for a very minimal price. So go on and give it a shot!
Budgeting is always on our mind, come rain or sunshine but let that not hinder you from having some fun! So the next time you’re broke be sure to give these alternatives a try for sure .
Know of more such ways to have fun on a limited budget? We’d like to know too! So write to us and share your views!
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016