Post Views (1835)
Dieting can be tedious but it need not be a drab & boring affair . While “food & weight loss” may seem like the biggest oxymoron, it’s actually one of the best approaches you can take for losing weight! You need not always stick to the run-of-the mill rules; instead opt for some freshness & make the whole process a fun one.
Here’s a great food list for healthy weight loss that’s nutritious & delicious at the same time … Give it a try!
1. Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl – Kick-start the day with this power-packed breakfast! Smoothies are yum but an oatmeal smoothie bowl topped with the goodness of nuts, frozen fruits, chia seeds, dollops of yogurt & other fun flavours is just what you need to keep things going through the day!
2. Salads – Rather than skipping meals start replacing them with good food choices to lose weight . Salads help cut down calorie levels, increases fiber and eating an all-purpose salad with the right combo of veggies and (or) fruits + dressing not only makes for a fulfilling meal but also adds variety to your diet.
3. Gazpacho – This Spanish cold soup makes for a great snack or entrée. Gluten free, low on fat and loaded with vitamins & fiber, you can either make it fruit or veg based or a combo of both. Tweak the flavours a bit and season it with herbs + olive oil to keep things interesting!
4. Brown Rice – A healthier alternative to the regular white rice, brown rice is rich in fiber & has a low glycemix index (good for blood sugar levels & fat metabolism). Packed with flavours, it makes for a delicious meal and can be eaten as poha, fried rice or as an assorted bowl meal.
5. Veggie Wraps – A full-flavoured main course option that’s nutritious and filling at the same time, whole wheat veggie wraps can be eaten with dips made from fresh cream, yogurt & vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, spinach etc. Bon Appétit!
6. Fruit Flavoured Popsicle – Beat the summer heat and enjoy a refreshing break from your work-out routine with this home-made low-fat + sugar free fruit popsicle. It’s a delicious healthy food recipe for weight loss & can be whipped up in just an hour!
7. Hummus – A tasty & nutritious Middle Eastern delicacy that’s packed with nutrition and high fiber content, it keeps the unhealthy carbs at bay. Eat it as a side dish or as a dip with raw veggies, baked whole grain crackers, smear it over salads or use it as a replacement for mayo in your sandwich!
8. Green Tea – One of the healthiest drinks known to man, green tea’s health benefits are tremendous. Research has shown that it increases the fat fighting metabolism & drinking a cup of green tea after your work-out doubles the chances of shedding those unwanted kilos.
Losing weight doesn’t mean you have to starve yourself or sacrifice taste for nutrition! It’s all about making the right choices anyway, so make room for diets that are nutritiously delicious, break down your meals into smaller portions and don’t forget to work-out! And well … enjoy the journey .
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016