Post Views (1931)
Think summer and the one thing that pops up on everyone’s mind is ice cream! Whether it’s a simple popsicle or an extravagant gourmet sundae, summer without an ice cream is kinda hard to imagine.
So in celebration of the season, here’s a look at some Delhi ice-cream-parlours that are bound to make your hearts & taste buds melt!
1. Whipped – Fresh home-made ice creams, ice cream shakes, cheesecakes & other traditional desserts — name it and you get it . They’ve got a variety of flavours to satiate your sweet craving & in case you’re bored of‘ Belgian Chocolate’, then try their Mint Choco Chip or Snickers Kick. Guaranteed bliss!
2. Mövenpick – Get a taste of Swiss exotica in every scoop…whether you like it in a cone, waffle cone, a tall glass or a basket for that matter! And the flavours, well … Maple Walnut, Tiramisu, Swiss Chocolate, Coffee with oodles of chocolate ganache on top … I guess things don’t get better than this!
3. Nirula’s – A childhood favourite for any Delhiite, the place is famous for their sinfully delicious Hot Chocolate Fudge. Countless ice cream parlours have made their entry & exit, but this place continues to entice our taste buds till date!
4. Azoté – You’ll be mesmerized by their spectacular display of ice cream making using liquid nitro, not to mention the yummy flavours of course! (Vienna Coffee, Blueberry Cheesecake, Red Velvet and even Pop Corn).
5. Frugurpop – Popsicles are the perfect summer treat but when it’s a gourmet popsicle made from fresh, organic ingredients & packed with real fruits, it’s a different story altogether . While flavours like ‘Kiwi Strawberry Lemonade’, ‘Green Apple Mint Tea’, ‘Oreos & Cream’ are their all time specialty, they’re also known to create new flavours for each season … So go ahead and see what’s in store for you this summer!
6. Cherry Comet – A colourful & peppy place that boasts of a unique range of flavours like Banarsi Punch, Gulab-e-Litchi, Horlicks Hustle (there’s more!) this ice cream parlour is getting increasingly popular with both kids & adults.
7. Giani’s – Gelato, kulfi, sorbet, frozen yogurt, Belgian chocolate (and the list goes on) … life gets so much better after a visit to Giani’s! With an amazing array of flavours to choose from, this is where you head to when in the mood to indulge .
8. Naturals Ice Cream – They focus exclusively on natural ingredients and are renowned for dishing out some exotic treats like tender coconut, chikoo, sitaphal and even jackfruit! Yummmm!
9. Kulfiano – Rich, creamy, flavoursome & filled with the goodness of natural ingredients, the kulfis here are undoubtedly a fabulous summer treat. So the next time you’re craving for something sweet you know where to go .
10. Minus 301°F – Visit to have a taste of their famous ‘creamlette’ or rolled ice cream prepared with an applaudable display of showmanship. The flavours are heavenly & so are the toppings. Trust us, one visit and you’ll come back for more!
11. Gourmet Affaires – 100 % natural & eggless ice creams are their specialty and are available in delightful flavours like kiwi, mango, grape, fruity truffle and more .
12. Hokey Pokey – You might have seen their outlet in HKV or probably visited it, but in case you haven’t … it’s about time you did! Known for their gracious scoops of ice cream served with equally gracious amounts of topping, Hokey Pokey allows you to make your own mix in case you don’t like the combos they offer.
We love these places! What about you?
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016