Post Views (1509)
When in Dubai, nothing feels impossible. This city is what dreams are made of, extremely urban, indulgent and luxurious dreams. From glittering shopping malls, to awe-inspiring hotels, this place demands a wholehearted splash from the pockets. But it is not without free perks that will keep you satisfied and fit at times (did you know about the free yoga classes you could sign up for?). And, here’s to the graciousness of the city that allows you to indulge in carefree enjoyment.
Here are five free and absolutely fun things to do in Dubai!
1. Free yoga classes: So that your body knows that you take your health seriously, even when you’re travelling and splurging on delicious fine quality dining.
Where: Deira Creek, BurDubai Creek, Zabeel Park, JLT Park, and Internet City
When: Daily; 5:30 AM to 6:30 AM & 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
2. Classic movie screening: Grab your beanbag and watch a timeless classic, which incidentally is one of the longest running events in Dubai. Comfort and classics, under the stars? Of course, it is a success!
When: The Rooftop Gardens, Wafi Pyramids
Where: Every Sunday 8:30 PM
3. A road trip: Can anything be loftier than the mighty Burj Khalifa in Dubai? Yes, there is something and it is absolutely free to access. If you’re up for a road trip, take the E66 out of Dubai and towards Al Ain and then follow the signposts. You will find yourself upon the Jebel Hafeet (1,249 metre), UAE’s highest peak. The views from the top? Totally worth it!
4. Free experience of Dubai’s culture and heritage: Imagine getting to soak up all of the thrills of the culturally energising exhibits, of potters and weavers, and craftsmen, all in one place! If you feel like it, you can also drop by into the Camel Museum, where entry is free of charge, of course.
Where: Al Shindagha Area, near the mouth of Dubai Creek
When: Saturday – Thursday, 8:30 AM to 10:00 PM; Friday, 3:30 PM to 10:00 PM
For Camel Museum:
Where: Al Shindagha Heritage Village
When: Sunday – Thursday, 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
5. The Jumeirah Beach Corniche: A free entry to this place is enough to satisfy anyone who loves the coast. Never-ending beach front (800 meters), jogging tracks, play area for children, and to add to it, this 14 km long stretch runs from Dubai Marine Beach Resort down to Burj Al Arab Hotel.
Where: Next to the Dubai Marine Beach Resort