Post Views (2647)
Getting up early and rushing off to work is a pain but landing up in office looking totally drab or like a zombie is even worse! Whether it’s a client meeting you have to attend or just sit at your desk and work, a little glam when working can go a long way in brightening both your day and your mind. We tend to believe that one doesn’t need a reason or a place to look and feel good and since we’re all so time tied, here are some amazing beauty hacks for professionals that’ll make you look your best even when you’re working!
1. Oily Hair and No Time! Got oil in your hair and absolutely no time to wash it? Take some baby powder and apply it gently on your scalp with your fingertips. Leave it on for a while and then comb your hair. The powder absorbs the oil, making your hair look less shiny and greasy. Or better still you can buy a bottle of dry shampoo which is much more easy to use!
2. Super Quick Smokey Eyes: This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to fix tired eyes, especially on days when you have an important meeting lined up and you’re running late! Take a pencil liner and draw a hashtag symbol on the corners of your eyes and then blend it smoothly with a brush, smudger or the tip of your little finger, and voila you’re ready!
3. Perfect Pout: For the perfect pout put a little foundation on your lips before applying the lipstick as this will help the colour stay on all day. To set the colour in place, place a small tissue paper on your lips and then apply some loose or pressed powder through the tissue.
4. Goodbye Puffy Eyes: Want to get rid of puffed eyes? Take an ice-cube and rub it slowly on your eyes immediately after you wake up in the morning, or you can try using tea bags. Just soak it in water, squeeze it a bit and apply it on your eyes. It’s good to massage the eyes every now and then as it improves circulation and keeps them looking fresh.
5. Pretty eyes in a jiffy: A must have item in any lady’s bag, a nude coloured eyeliner can be used in numerous ways. Applying it on the water line or the lower rim of your eyes makes them bright and wide awake, especially when they’re looking tired. You can also use it to highlight your brow bone or to make the perfect wings or to cover up any blotch when you’re on the go!
6. Quick manicure: You’re late for work and your fresh coat of nail enamel is yet to dry…well in such a situation, just let the nail paint dry for a few seconds and then plunge your hands into a bucket of ice cold water. It’ll dry your nail polish completely.
7. Fixing chipped nail polish: If you’ve got chipped nails and there’s no time to fix it, you can try either of these tricks.
i. Use a toothpick to dot on polish on the areas where the paint’s chipping off, or if you’re in a mood for some nail art then use a different shade of nail paint to fill in the chipped areas!
ii. Otherwise put some top coat nail polish over the chipped paint and then quickly wipe it with a cotton swab. Repeat for a couple of times and then spray a little deodorant spray over it and wipe it again.
8. Hair flair: One of the best beauty hacks for hair, tying a low bun or chignon is a great way to get rid of messy morning hair! They’re a great way of styling your hair and not time consuming at all. To ensure that your bun is tight and safely secured try tying two ponytails at the back of your head (as close to each other as possible) and then wrap the ends around each other to create the perfect bun and then fasten it with bobby pins.
9. Facial wipes to the rescue: An absolute must-have, face wipes are a saviour when time’s a constraint. You can use it to clean out your pores, take off makeup, get rid of grime and grease from your face and control oil while exfoliating your skin.
10. Simple and neutral: At times it’s best to not worry too much and just keep it simple, neutral and natural! A BB cream is a great product to have in your beauty bag as it does the work of a moisturiser, concealer and sunscreen at one go and it also saves up a lot of time. Keep a kohl or kajal pencil handy to add some quick dram to your eyes, a lil lip balm for your lips and a hint of body mist to keep you smelling fresh like a flower all day through! Too much of make-up isn’t good for the skin anyway, so now and then, just try a neutral look…It works!
Always on the go, today’s working professionals have to lead a life that doesn’t leave much time for anything. So hope reading these beauty life hacks help you balance your work and your beauty needs!
Latest posts by Samriddhi Tanti (see all)
- Iconic Bollywood Hairstyles We All Remember! - May 6, 2016
- ‘A Scoop of Happiness’… Best Ice Cream Parlours in Delhi - April 28, 2016
- Offbeat Ways to Enjoy Mumbai on a Budget - April 22, 2016